Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fancy "Brave" Aly

If you know who Fancy Nancy is you'll appreciate this Fancy story! Yesterday Aly and Ashley had their 5 & 3 year old check-ups. Anyone who has a 5 year old knows what the 5 year check up means...Kindergarten shots.

After dance class yesterday morning I took the girls to Mickey D's for lunch before their doctor appointment. We were sitting down eating and this mom with two girls came and sat down behind us. The older girl (about Aly's age) was a little rowdy and she had an extremely short skirt on with these high heels that looked like dress up shoes. The little girl kept running back and forth from the drink station to her mom, etc. Aly took one look at her and said "Mom...she's trying to be fancier than me, that's not fair, nobody is as fancy as me". I just kind of chuckled and told Aly that she was indeed the fanciest.

So off to the doctor. I told Aly she didn't have to get shots at her appointment because I wanted to talk with the doc about vaccines and all this stuff that's in the media. I've been doing my own research on it as well. After much discussion I relented to letting her have her vaccines yesterday because Aly said "I want to get it over with". She was a real trooper, 5 shots. I felt very bad for but she got alot of special treats. They even gave us coupons for free kids meals at Red Robin...YUM. Red Robin is the girls favorite restaurant so what a bonus deal (thanks Nicole for the great pediatrician recommendation). Her arms a little tender today and she is taking lots of Motrin and I think she's playing the sympathy card...just a smidge!

3 comments:

Constance said...

One thing for sure, that kiddo sure has a great sense of self-esteem!
Love, Mom

Kim Dampier said...

Poor thing, I HATE shots too! But I'm sure she is the fanciest girl in STL, hands down! Sounds like a trip to Red Robin is coming?!?!

Anonymous said...

I told ya they are awesome there...