Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Heavy Heart

It's been one crazy, busy week this past week. Alot, alot of things have been going on in our lives this past week. I've been listening to Joyce Meyer Podcasts nonstop just to keep the Word of God in my ears and on my heart.

We found out last Thursday that Omi had to have her pacemaker taken out and a new one installed on the opposite side. Evidentally her old pacemaker had started to slip out of place, she got an infection and they had to take the whole thing out. Her surgery was Monday, by the time I called her at the hospital on Tuesday afternoon she had already been discharged. So I guess she is at home on her way to recovery. I will call her later today to see how she is doing. I am hoping to be able to visit with her soon.

The Joyce Meyer Women's Convention was last Thursday - Saturday. It was awesome! I already signed up for next year! After being filled up with the Word for three straight days it was kind of a let down to come back home to the routine. While I was at the convention Corey enjoyed a guys weekend with his brother and his Dad. Grandma (Jamie) kept the girls and they had big fun! I always love it when the kids are able to spend one-on-one time with their grandparents. Aly likes it so much that when we drop her off she says "is it time for you to leave?".

When we picked up the girls from Grandma's I found out that Great Grandma Diahan (Jamie's Mom) had to move about three hours away to a nursing home. She has Alzheimer's. I feel so sad for everyone. I can't imagine how Great Grandpa Ken (Jamie's Dad) must be feeling.

So between Omi and Diahan my heart has been so heavy and I have needed to keep my strength up with the Word of God. It's so hard having to experience everyone getting older. When you're a kid you don't have a care in the world (as it should be) and then as you get older you see how things such as this affect your parents and your loved ones. As an adult I have so much compassion and love for my parents that I hate to see them have to go through this as they help and are there for their own parents. I wish that there was more that I could do. As long as they know that I love them and am continually praying for them. I pray that the prayers being lifted up will bring them comfort, peace and the knowing that they are surrounded by the love of God.

God is good, all of the time!

3 comments:

Michael Daehn said...

Glad you enjoyed the Womens Convention and thanks for your kind words.

I like your blog- great job with the colors and layout!

Michael Daehn
Web Strategist | Joyce Meyer Ministries

Constance said...

Yeah, getting older really stinks in some aspects! I'm just thankful that we're Believer's and realize that death is actually the means to which we really start living!!!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I love the last comment on your blog. Right on! We as believers know that the best is YET TO COME. Cheer up and God bless you!

Christian J.